Thursday, August 17, 2006

LESSONS...

I believe that one of our main objectives her on earth is to learn lessons.
We make mistakes and hopefully become better loving human beings because of them.
We learn all types of lessons in all different areas of our lives.

I grew up with a very "Spirited" mother-who was quick to give ANYONE a tongue lashing!
I love her very much but that part about her I didn't like, so in an effort to not be like her I would sensor myself.
I would keep quiet or not give my opinion, unless I was people that I totally felt comfortable around.
I was a happy person but, I got pushed around a lot because I always went along with everyone else, or just always wanted to be the nice girl.

UNTIL I MOVED TO NEW YORK...
I had to become more assertive to have a place in the City.
I discovered my voice.
It felt good to be Sunshine with an opinion.
It took a lot of people by surprise.
It was hard for people to adjust to me growing.
I lost some "fake" friends and gained some new ones.

BUT...
In an effort to be true to myself, I went a bit overboard.
I could be overly "frank", or just downright snappy!
All in the name of "being me".
I was hurtful to a couple of people that I loved and that just isn't cool.

So...
Now I'm attempting to heal myself.
I want to be a better person.
But good people still make mistakes.
I can't be so hard on myself.
I am human.
Life is about B-A-L-A-N-A-C-E!


I'm totally about to make an appointment with a therapist...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mad props to you for the courage of self reflection! We are all growing works in progress and have to allow ourselves to develop as such. I think it's amazing that you're able to reflect and find your balance. Kudos for that!!!