Monday, September 11, 2006

National Holiday...

It is September 11, 2006. 5 years after the attack on the World Trade Center.
Every radio station, tv channel, newspaper, & any other media outlet is focusing on the event.

Survivors recount their stories, and I cry.
They show footage of the Towers collapsing, and I cry.
They show the fireman and policemen that lost so many people, and I cry.
I have to turn the radio station and listen to Gospel music on my Ipod!
It is too sad!

If the media is going to rehash every detail like this then I need a day off from work.
A national holiday.
I can't be expected to order supplies, track down the cheapest hotel rates in midtown, and connect conference calls through tears! (I know you wish you had my glamorous job)
I can't focus!
I need to be at home in my bed with some hot coco and a tissue box having a silent tribute.
(And I should get paid for it)

No comments: