Friday, December 01, 2006

Self Love...

Yesterday proved to be a great day of television.
And not due to my normal Thursday line up of Ugly Betty, The Office, & Greys Anatomy.
It all started with Oprah...
The show focused on Ellen Burnstyn who wrote a book that I really want to read called
"Lessons in Becoming Myself".
She talked alot about her experiences. But after the break different celebs would discuss
the lessons they have learned in discovering themselves.
Which is an ongoning process, since we evolve.
Actress Kimberly Elise said that once she let go of fear.
The whole world opened up to her.

Everyone, I mean everyone talked about self love.
And not giving away your power to men.

Later that evening I watched "iconoclast" on Sundance.
The featured guests were Maya Angelou and Dave Chapelle.
I knew that this was going to be an amazing meeting of the minds.
I totally respect Dave Chapelle.
He had to do what was best for him.
He had to have personal integrity.
Of Course Dr. Angelou commended him on that.
She has had such a full life.
She took risks.
She did things that other people only dream about.
And she did so many things.
Kind of like me.

Maya Angelou spoke about African Americans coming from such strong stock, and how we are so important.
Everyone is important.
It was really cool and I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for my black celebrity blogs that I read everyday!


No comments: