Monday, October 09, 2006

Transition Sista'....

I am thinking about going on my natural journey, again.

I haven't had a relaxer in a couple of months, and honestly I love the way my new growth makes really cool waves when I pull my hair back.
I like it so much that I feel like it is way better than straight hair.
Then I remembered how fly YA YA would wear her natural hair on America's Next Top Model.

I went through this in January 2005. I was going through a major transition in my personal life and felt that my relaxed hair was dull and listless. So I cut it all off.
I rocked a "TWA" for about 7 months, but it just wasn't me.
I love glamour and I wasn't getting what I needed from my hair so I relaxed it and have been happy about that choice.

Until my new growth started to come in.

This time would be different because I would "transition" into my natural hair.
Leaving in my permed ends but allowing new growth to come in.
And then gradually cutting out the permed hair until I have my natural hair at a decent
length for styles.
I plan on transitioning for a year, but I think its worth it.

No comments: